- ConnectedCOPS Award (Awarded to the Moncton RCMP at the Social Media Internet and Law Enforcement Conference in the UK (SMILE), in September 2014)
- The Governor General's Commendation (awarded in August, 2014 to the First Responders and Citizens of Moncton)
- The Water Stewardship Award (Presented on April 16, 2013, Moncton received this award for its automated water meter reading project)
- The Distinguished Budget Presentation Award (Awarded for the 2013 budget)
- The Canadian Award for Financial Reporting (Awarded on November 29, 2013 for the 2012 Annual Report)
- Recipient of the Google eTown Award (Moncton was the first community to receive this honour in Canada. Awarded on October 4, 2012.)
- #4 best place to live (MoneySense Magazine 2012)
- #1 cost competitive city for business in Canada (KPMG Competitive Alternative Studies, 2012)
Prior to 2012
- One of the lowest cost places to do business in Atlantic Canada and New England states (annual KPMG Competitive Alternatives study; 2010, 2008, 2006 – awarded every 2 years)
- Top-10 best places to do business (Canadian Business Magazine; Six years in a row from 2004 - 2009)
- The best place in Canada to buy a house (MoneySense Magazine; 2010, 2011)
- Canada’s top-10 best places to live (MoneySense Magazine; Four years in a row from 2007-2010)
- 5th Fastest growing Census Metropolitan Area in Canada and Fastest east of Saskatoon (2011 Census).
- The most polite and honest city in Canada (Readers Digest 2008)
- One of Canada’s best cities in which to retire (50+ Magazine)
- Top 7 Intelligent Community (Intelligent Community Forum 2009)
- Most “Canadian” city (Martin Prosperity Institute, University of Toronto; July 1, 2011)
- Awarded the City of Moncton with its Canada Marketing Award two years in a row: in 2008 for Moncton’s new Corporate Brand and in 2009 for its promotional Intelligent Community video; Economic Development Association of Canada (EDAC)
- The Canadian Community IT Hero Award (Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) 2008)
Key highlights include:
- Moncton is now the 5th fastest growing CMA in the country (up from 10th in the 2006 Census)
- The fastest growing CMAs include: 1) Calgary 2) Edmonton 3) Saskatoon 4) Kelowna
- Moncton is in pretty good company and the fastest growing CMA East of Saskatchewan!
- For Moncton CMA to have such significant growth during a recessionary period is remarkable.
- Population growth in the Moncton CMA was 9.7 per cent between the 2006 and 2011 Census
- Total Moncton CMA population is 138,644
- City of Moncton’ population reached 69,074 in the 2011 Census
- Moncton CMA remains the 29th largest CMA in the country—no change from 2006 Census.